Chicken Skilpadjies on the Braai with Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Grilled Lemons and Sun-dried tomato Pesto
These chicken skilpadjies are wonderfully versatile and can be cooked summer through winter. We have roasted them here on an open fire with seasonal vegetables and they couldn’t be better. This recipe is ideal for entertaining guests around the fire and can serve a large group of people. Adapt the recipe to what is available. We serve it with our favourite sun dried tomato pesto which is super easy to make and lasts forever in the fridge.
- 2 Packets Deli-Co chicken skilpadjies
- Willow Creek Basil flavoured olive oil
- 350g Tender-stem broccoli, blanched
- 350g Green beans, blanched
- 2 Small green cabbages, cut into halves
- 8 Baby aubergines, cut in half
- 1 Medium sized butternut, cut into 8 long wedges
- 2 Lemons, cut in half
- 100g Sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in boiling water
- 30g Pine nuts, toasted
- 20g Grated parmesan cheese
- Willow Creek basil flavoured olive oil to blend the pesto
- 1 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
4 – 6 People
|Easy to make|
- Place the soaked sun-dried tomatoes, nuts, parmesan cheese and garlic in a blender and blend with some basil flavoured oil until it forms a paste. Season to taste and keep aside.
- Toss all the vegetables and lemon halves in the basil flavoured oil and braai with the skilpadjies until charred and cooked.
- Serve the skilpadjies, vegetables and lemons with the pesto on a large platter.