Classic Spaghetti Carbonara with Oven Roasted Vallei Kreef, Brown mushrooms and creamed sauce
There is something so special about a real Carbonara - which has no cream added to it but consists of pasta gently tossed in whipped egg . We honour this dish with some added Delico Vallei Krewe which has the perfect combination of chicken and smoky bacon wrapped around it to add to this dish. Large brown mushrooms and asparagus takes it up a notch. This dish can be assembled quickly and is good to get the whole family involved and a valuable addition to your budget stretching recipe collection.
- 2 Packets Deli-Co Vallei Kreef
- Some butter and Willow Creek Truffle flavoured olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 400g Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Fresh Green asparagus, blanched and warmed with butter
- 500g Tagliatelle
- 500ml Cream
- 3 Egg yolks, beaten with a pinch of black pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
180 Degrees Celsius
|Easy to make|
- Place a large pot on the stove with some salt and olive oil and bring to the boil.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the Vallei Kreef until well browned on both sides.
- Place on an oven tray and into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Add some more butter and olive oil in the pan and fry the garlic and mushrooms until browned.
- Add the cream and reduce to half. Keep aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and keep warm while you boil the tagliatelle.
- Cook the tagliatelle for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Strain and add to the pan with the mushroom cream sauce.
- Mix though with a pair of tongs and add the sliced chicken.
- Once everything is warmed though, turn off the heat and add the egg yolks.
- Stir through and serve immediately with the warmed asparagus.