Seasonal Green salad with Valley Kreef off the braai, blanched green vegetables, herbs, cucumber and a roasted garlic and parmesan mayo
I love chicken prepared on the braai and this even more so as it is wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese. We prepare a lovely seasonal salad with it which can be eaten all year round and is great for entertaining. All the in-gredients can be prepared ahead of time and the meat finished on the braai and served immediately onto the the salad. Serve with some home made roosterkoek or fresh bread as an extra treat. It can be served as a starter or as a main course and ideal for the whole family.
- 2 packets Vallei Kreef, cooked on the braai and sliced
- Selection of salad greens such as baby gem lettuce and cucumber
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 400g Vine Tomatoes
- 300g Baby Carrots
- 2 room temperature egg yolks
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 200ml Canola oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Whole garlic head
- 30ml Willow Creek Parmesan flavoured olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Some Willow Creek Citrus Balsamic reduction
4 – 6 People
100 Degrees Celsius
|Easy to make|
- Start by cutting off the top of the garlic bulb.
- Place on a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour or until the cloves inside are caramelised and soft.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanche the baby carrots and
- Increase the oven temperature to 180 degrees Celsius and place the vine tomatoes on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste and roast until they are browned.
- Place the egg yolks, mustard, lemon zest and juice, half the head of roasted garlic and seasoning in a blender.
- While the blender is on high speed, add the canola oil and olive oil until the mayo is thick.
- Start plating your salad by layering all the vegetables, salad leaves, basil leaves, vine tomatoes and sliced chicken in a large salad bowl.
- Top the salad with the mayo and balsamic reduction.