Vietnamese Pho with Chicken Skilpadjies, Glass Noodles, Coriander, Chilli and Mange Tout
From the first time I prepared a Vietnamese Pho I have fallen in love it. There is such depth of flavour in all the layers that gets added from the fragrant spicy stock to the fresh vegetables and herbs. Here we have added Deli-co’s Chicken Skilpadjies which compliments this Asian dish wonderfully. It is a an easy recipe to prepare, cost ef-fective and can be done in advance and is sure to wow your guests.
- 2 Liter prepared chicken stock
- Willow Creek coriander flavoured olive oil
- 2 Onions, cut into quarters
- 6 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm Piece ginger, sliced
- 2 Celery stalks, washed and chopped
- 30ml Fish sauce
- 4 Star anise seeds
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Whole red chilli
- 2 Packets Deli-Co Chicken skilpadjies, oven roasted and sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 200g Mange tout, blanched
- Some fresh sliced chilli
- Willow Creek Pomegranate dressing
- 200g Glass noodles, cooked according to package instructions
|Easy to make|
- Place some olive oil in a large pot and add the onions, garlic, ginger and celery.
- Fry until browned and fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, star anise seeds, cinnamon sticks and chilli and boil on a very low heat for 2 hours.
- Once the stock is done, strain into another pot and bring to the boil.
- Divide the glass noodles into 4 bowls and top with the sliced chicken skilpadjies and mange tout.
- Spoon the stock over and top with the coriander leaves, fresh chilli and a few droplets of the pomegranate dressing
- Serve immediately.